Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer
Elliptic Labs is the world leader in touchless Ultrasound Gestures and Proximity Sensing for the mobile market. Elliptic Labs technology makes mobile devices more intuitive to use while delivering a cleaner design. We work with the world’s largest OEMs, chipset providers and component suppliers to create a new paradigm in natural user interfaces. Our patented touchless gesture technology is powered by ultrasound and the only technology that delivers touchless 3D high-resolution features, integrated into small portable devices. Our ultrasound-based Virtual Proximity Sensor has enabled Xiaomi to build the Mix smartphone series, which has set the standard of bezel-less smartphone design after its launch in September 2016.
Elliptic Labs is seeking the brightest minds to continue our trendsetting advances in deep machine learning and cloud-computing AI. Candidates for the position of Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer must be well versed in scripting and networking, and have a solid understanding of machine learning processes (e.g. data cleanup, preprocessing, parallel computing). A passion for clean dashboards and insightful visuals is a definite plus!
Elliptic Labs is the world leader in ultrasound proximity and touchless gesture interaction for mobile devices. Our state-of-the-art infrastructure is designed to store and process vast sets of machine-learning records for rapid, intelligent technology growth. The Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer will further develop this infrastructure and maintain our edge in the AI-for-sensors space.
This opening is based in Oslo, Norway. Candidates must be able to relocate to Oslo and obtain the necessary work permissions on their own.
- Automate and optimize software development tools and processes through design innovation, operation, and management
- Maximize the efficiency and reliability of the Machine Learning pipeline (data collection, tagging, preprocessing, training, and testing)
- Supervise software builds and deployment pipelines for maximal performance and continuous delivery
- Support robot testing processes for functional and performance-based product evaluation
- Maintain general IT services (e.g. VPN, Domain Server, Software Licensing, Internal network)
- Provide DevOps support for team developers
- Setup and maintain hardware for build servers and office workstations
- BSc degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- Programming expertise in Python, C++, and Java
- Experience with modern deployment tools: e.g. Git, VSTS, Jenkins
- Familiarity with build systems and agile development
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English and/or Norwegian
- Ability to design and document systems
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
Elliptic Labs’ non-optical AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform continues to improve design and user experience throughout the smartphone and IoT markets. Its INNER BEAUTY III AI Virtual Proximity Sensor enables the thinnest bezel possible for full-screen design by replacing infrared hardware sensors with software-only proximity sensing. Elliptic Labs also enables presence sensing and touch-free user experiences for consumer devices, naturally extending how humans interact with their devices. This technology offers the best combination of high resolution, 180-degree interaction space and low power consumption compared to cameras or other sensing technologies. Elliptic Labs is a privately held company with headquarters in Norway and offices in the USA and China.