Machine Learning Engineer — C/C++
Elliptic Labs is the world leader in touchless Ultrasound Gestures and Proximity Sensing for the mobile market. Elliptic Labs technology makes mobile devices more intuitive to use while delivering a cleaner design. We work with the world’s largest OEMs, chipset providers and component suppliers to create a new paradigm in natural user interfaces. Our patented touchless gesture technology is powered by ultrasound and the only technology that delivers touchless 3D high-resolution features, integrated into small portable devices. Our ultrasound-based Virtual Proximity Sensor has enabled Xiaomi to build the Mix smartphone series, which has set the standard of bezel-less smartphone design after its launch in September 2016.
We are looking for an experienced developer with knowledge of software architecture and design patterns for embedded systems. As a part of our development team, you will be working on the design and implementation of advanced machine learning algorithms for gesture recognition. Our products are integrated with leading technology companies and smartphone manufacturers, running on millions of devices worldwide.
- Design software architectures for efficient embedded real-time processing
- Implement machine learning algorithms in C/C++ for various SoCs/DSPs
- Debug, test, and profile embedded software
- Integration with smartphone platforms
- Android, AOSP, Linux kernel, Qualcomm Hexagon, ARM Cortex
- Development of internal SDK and tooling
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years professional experience
- Knowledge of software design patterns and practices
- Experience with C/C++ concurrency, cross-platform development and STL
- Good mathematical ability and basic knowledge of signal processing theory
- Experience with toolchains: make, cmake, GCC, Visual Studio, Git
- Some experience with microcontrollers, SoCs, and DSPs is preferable
- Ability to plan work, interface with other engineers, and communicate results effectively
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
About Elliptic Labs
Elliptic Labs is a global company and the world leader in AI virtual sensors for the smartphone, IoT, and automotive industries. We transform products using machine learning and/or sensor fusion to combine ultrasound with data from existing device sensors to produce smarter, greener, safer, and more intuitive devices. This allows us to eliminate the need for infrared, radar, and time of flight hardware sensors, saving OEMs components costs and freeing up design space. Our AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform™ provides precise presence sensing and enables touch-free gesture controls such as scroll, approach, and double-tap — software which is now deployed in over 30 million devices. Going forward, we strive to empower more industries with our AI platform and build a stronger AI ecosystem together with the industry.
KimberPR for Elliptic Labs
1 650 773 7288