AI & Machine Learning, DSP Algorithms
We are looking for AI & Machine Learning engineers to support our effort to bring ML-based gesture detection to consumer electronic devices. Hardware-accelerated neural networks and ultra-low-power DSPs are hitting the market simultaneously, and Elliptic Labs has positioned itself ideally to take advantage of these two trends. Elliptic Labs is a Qualcomm premium partner and shows its Snapdragon Neural Processing Engine (SNPE) technology at tradeshows such as The Consumer Electronics Show and Mobile World Congress.
The candidate has a background in machine learning, having previously delivered real-time ML products to the market. Outstanding candidates with a signal processing background and a strong interest in ML should also apply.
- Work with our Machine Learning team to develop world-class gesture classification products
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data sets, and give directions for future data collection
- Architect, implement, and optimise our ML products
- Understand the requirements from our customers and work with our product management to iterate on the best possible user experience
- Potentially travel up to 10% of the working time (or more if agreed otherwise)
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent field or experience
- Excellent coding skills
- Understanding of supervised learning and time-series classification
- Understanding of multiple ML algorithms, how they work and the trade-offs involved
- Understanding of basic signal processing skills such as time and frequency domain analysis
- Experience with ML frameworks, e.g. Caffe or Tensorflow.
- Experience with voice recognition is a plus
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-output and time-critical environment
- Eagerness to create high-volume, low-power, cost-sensitive consumer electronics products
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
Elliptic Labs’ non-optical AI Virtual Smart Sensor Platform continues to improve design and user experience throughout the smartphone and IoT markets. Its INNER BEAUTY III AI Virtual Proximity Sensor enables the thinnest bezel possible for full-screen design by replacing infrared hardware sensors with software-only proximity sensing. Elliptic Labs also enables presence sensing and touch-free user experiences for consumer devices, naturally extending how humans interact with their devices. This technology offers the best combination of high resolution, 180-degree interaction space and low power consumption compared to cameras or other sensing technologies. Elliptic Labs is a privately held company with headquarters in Norway and offices in the USA and China.