Elliptic Labs Named 2018 “Small Business of the Year” by Business Intelligence Group
San Francisco, Calif., and Oslo, Norway — Today, the Business Intelligence Group recognized Elliptic Labs as the winner of its BIG Award for Business 2018: Small Business of the Year. Each year, the Business Intelligence Group identifies the companies, products and people that are leading their respective industries. Elliptic Labs received this year’s award for its great advancements in providing gesture sensing for the consumer electronics market.
Elliptic Labs’ INNER REFLECTION™ AI Virtual Smart Sensor, powered by ultrasound, is optimized using machine learning to produce a powerful, richly functional UI that can also learn over time. Elliptic Labs is the first company to market virtual smart sensors using standard, off-the-shelf speakers and microphones. These virtual sensors are able to detect the presence of a user and recognize touch-free gestures.
“Elliptic Labs was recognized for its outstanding achievements in 2018,” said Maria Jimenez, chief nomination officer of the Business Intelligence Group. “This year’s group of winners is clearly leading by example in the global business community. Elliptic has shown its progress through a series of high-level announcements in the past year.”
These achievements are:
- February 2018 — Elliptic Labs applied its technology to the growing market for smart assistants, providing an increased awareness of human presence that these products previously lacked. While smart assistants are clever tools for home use as they currently stand, INNER REFLECTION gives OEMs an advantage by greatly expanding their products’ capabilities through the addition of a presence-detection interface to the native voice interface. See Video
- April 2018 — Elliptic Labs incorporated INNER BEAUTY® into Smartisan’s much-anticipated Nut 3 smartphone. Elliptic Labs’ INNER BEAUTY AI Virtual Ultrasound Sensor makes the Nut 3’s full-screen display possible The sensor also enables the phone to have gesture control, proximity and presence detection, all of which continuously learn and improve as users interact with their phone.
- November 2017 — Elliptic Labs’ INNER BEAUTY technology enabled the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Full Ceramic Unibody Special Edition smartphone’s full-screen design.
- December 2017 — Elliptic Labs implemented its INNER MAGIC™ touch-free ultrasound gesture technology on the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845 Mobile Platform using the Snapdragon Neural Processing Engine (NPE). As a result, any OEM or developer using this platform has the ability to add full-screen displays to their mobile devices as well as deliver touch-free gestures that are natural extensions of how humans interact with their phones.
- Since 2017 — Elliptic Labs has opened up two new offices in China and significantly added to its teams across Europe, Asia and the United States.
Laila Danielsen, CEO of Elliptic Labs, said, “Through the past year, Elliptic Labs’ INNER BEAUTY continued to enable modern, fashionable smartphone design by empowering mobile phone makers to offer full-screen devices with the ability to add touchless gestures. Currently, our sensing technology for smart speakers is kicking off the next phase of growth in the IoT market, leapfrogging the prevailing capabilities of smart assistant products by giving them a unique awareness of human presence that has previously been unavailable. INNER REFLECTION from Elliptic Labs is a technology OEMs can easily add to their products and represents a breakthrough in how these products can better serve their human users.”
INNER BEAUTY is a registered trademark and INNER REFLECTION and INNER MAGIC are trademarks of Elliptic Labs.
Qualcomm is a registered trademark and Snapdragon is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries. Qualcomm Snapdragon is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
All other trademarks or service markets are the responsibility of their respective organizations.
Elliptic Labs’ non-optical AI Virtual Smart Sensor platform is positively disrupting design and user experience throughout the Smartphone and IoT market. Its INNER BEAUTY AI Virtual Proximity Sensor enables the thinnest bezel needed for full-screen designs by replacing infrared hardware sensors with software-only proximity sensing. Elliptic Labs also enables presence sensing and touch-free user experiences for consumer devices, naturally extending how humans interact with their devices. The INNER BEAUTY technology can be integrated into smartphones, wearables and IoT devices. Its technology offers the best combination of high resolution, 180-degree interaction space and low power consumption compared to cameras or other sensing technologies. Elliptic Labs is a privately held company with headquarters in Norway and offices in the USA and China.
KimberPR for Elliptic Labs
1 650 773 7288
About Business Intelligence Group
The Business Intelligence Group was founded with the mission of recognizing true talent and superior performance in the business world. Unlike other industry award programs, it is the industry’s business executives—those with the industry’s experience and knowledge—who judge the entrants. The organization’s proprietary and unique scoring system selectively measures performance across multiple business domains and then rewards those companies whose achievements stand above those of their peers.