Machine Learning & Algorithms Engineer
Elliptic Labs’ mission is to deliver innovative 3D interaction and sensing products for mobile, wearables and IoT devices powered by ultrasound. Imagine to quickly control your mobile with touchless hand gestures e.g. to quickly view your messages, mute the ringing tone, or shoot selfies or group pictures. Elliptic Labs’ technology outperforms alternative solutions and becomes integrated in many future products. Our disruptive SW solutions can run on existing hardware and to deploy our system we have formed partnerships with the most important players in the mobile and IoT industry. Our ultrasound based Virtual Proximity Sensor has enabled Xiaomi to build the Mix 2 using a design which sets a new standard for bezel less phones after its launch in September 2017.
Elliptic Labs is a dynamic, fresh and uncomplicated company, growing fast and always working on the forefront of innovation. We value team spirit and provide an environment to work with excellent people which inspire each other. Our offices are in Oslo, San Francisco, and Shanghai.
We are looking for Machine Learning engineers to support our team for gesture detection based on machine learning. Hardware accelerated ML chips and always-on microphones are hitting the market simultaneously, and Elliptic Labs has positioned itself ideally to take advantage of these two trends. Together we will deliver gesture recognition products running on millions of devices.
Elliptic Labs is working directly as a premium partner with one of the leading companies in Machine Learning frameworks.
The ideal person has a background in machine learning, having previously delivered real-time ML products to the market. Outstanding candidates with strong interests in ML, but no previous experience will be evaluated as well.
- Work with our Machine Learning team to develop world-class gesture classification products
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data sets, and give directions for future data collection
- Architect, implement and optimise our ML products
- Understand the requirements from our customers and work with our product management and iterate on the best possible user experience
- Potentially travel up to 10% of the working time (or more if agreed otherwise)
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Real-world experience with supervised learning and time-series classification
- Deep understanding of multiple ML algorithms, how they work and the trade-offs involved
- Experience with ML frameworks, e.g. Caffe or Tensorflow
- Experience with voice recognition is a plus
- Excellent coding skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, high-output and time sensitive environment
- Thrive in creating solutions for high-volume, low-power, cost-sensitive consumer electronics products
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
Elliptic Labs’ ultrasonic technology provides a sensorless proximity solution and 3D gesture experience for consumer devices, enabling a natural extension of human interaction. The technology can be integrated with smartphones, wearables, and IoT devices. Elliptic Labs products, powered by ultrasound, offer the best combination of high resolution, 360-degree dome interaction space and low-power consumption compared to cameras or other sensing technologies. Elliptic Labs is a privately held company with headquarters in Oslo, Norway, and offices in San Francisco, Shanghai, and Beijing.