Machine Learning & Algorithms Engineer
We are looking for AI & Machine Learning engineers to support our effort to bring ML-based gesture detection to consumer electronic devices. Hardware-accelerated neural networks and ultra-low-power DSPs are hitting the market simultaneously, and Elliptic Labs has positioned itself ideally to take advantage of these two trends. Elliptic Labs is a Qualcomm premium partner and shows its Snapdragon Neural Processing Engine (SNPE) technology at tradeshows such as The Consumer Electronics Show and Mobile World Congress.
The candidate has a background in machine learning, having previously delivered real-time ML products to the market. Outstanding candidates with a signal processing background and a strong interest in ML should also apply.
- Work with our Machine Learning team to develop world-class gesture classification products
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data sets, and give directions for future data collection
- Architect, implement and optimise our ML products
- Understand the requirements from our customers and work with our product management and iterate on the best possible user experience
- Potentially travel up to 10% of the working time (or more if agreed otherwise)
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Real-world experience with supervised learning and time-series classification
- Understanding of supervised learning and time-series classification
- Understanding of basic signal processing skills such as time and frequency domain analysis
- Deep understanding of multiple ML algorithms, how they work and the trade-offs involved
- Experience with ML frameworks, e.g. Caffe or Tensorflow
- Experience with voice recognition is a plus
- Excellent coding skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, high-output and time sensitive environment
- Eagerness to create solutions for high-volume, low-power, cost-sensitive consumer electronics products
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
Elliptic Labs’ ultrasonic technology provides a sensorless proximity solution and 3D gesture experience for consumer devices, enabling a natural extension of human interaction. The technology can be integrated with smartphones, wearables, and IoT devices. Elliptic Labs products, powered by ultrasound, offer the best combination of high resolution, 360-degree dome interaction space and low-power consumption compared to cameras or other sensing technologies. Elliptic Labs is a privately held company with headquarters in Oslo, Norway, and offices in San Francisco, Shanghai, and Beijing.