VP of Sales
San Francisco, CA | Asia
At Elliptic Labs, we are impacting the multi-billion dollar smartphone industry with our ultrasound-based gesture detection algorithms. A great example of our technology in action is the Xiaomi Mi MIX, which started shipping on November 4, 2016. Thanks to our INNER BEAUTY software solution, the MIX is the only product on the market able to boast an edge-to-edge display unencumbered by an infrared proximity sensor. Instead, our software module provides the same behavior by emitting ultrasound waves through a speaker and analyzing their echo using the microphone. Our solution is the first innovation in the field of proximity detection since the release of the first iPhone in 2007!
Are you ready to join a growing company that has been called a “potential game changer”1 and “16 to 18 months ahead of the competition”2 ?
- Tech News Today
Oversee the hiring and development of a (global) sales organization, appropriate for the company’s maturity/size
- Be a role model for the company culture.
- Establish compensation, training, and sales incentive programs.
- Work closely with CEO and drive the development of sales strategies.
- Work closely with VP of business development to manage, develop, and establish direct channel and distribution strategies/programs.
- Maintain key customer relationships, and develop/close new business.
- Work closely with CEO to develop and execute lead & tradeshow programs.
- Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management.
- Develop pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions, for high-profile customers.
5-10 years management experience in sales, business development, and/or marketing of software technology, either working at or with OEMs/ODMs.
- Experience in selling to software and/or hardware OEMs.
- C-level relationship & established network with companies such as Samsung, ZTE, Xiaomi, Huawei, Oppo, vivo, TCL etc
- Independently drive and close deals in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage and track multiple discussions with and deliverables to large prospective partners and customers, working across organizational functions including engineering, marketing, and executive levels.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or a similar sales/CRM tools for account management.
- Experience working with OEMs, structuring licensing/integration deals a plus.
- Understand business and technical aspects of competing products and create deal structures to surpass them.
- Experience with a specific sales methodology, sales funnel management.
- Develop strategic presentations for partners and key stakeholders in the ecosystem including OEM customers, component partners, and partner technology suppliers.
- Negotiate license, evaluation, nondisclosure, and development agreements.
- Strong technology expertise.
- Strategic thinking and keen negotiating skills.
- Strong market and business modeling analysis skills.
- Excellent presentation skills (PowerPoint, Excel).
- Clear writing style and strong communication skills.
- Passion for new technology.
- Collaborative team spirit and approach.
- Efficient and disciplined self-starter work habits.
- MUST speak fluent English & Mandarin.
- Travel 50% to customers & partners primarily in Asia.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
* Be aware that Elliptic Labs cannot offer sponsorship to its employees or potential employees.
Elliptic Labs’ ultrasonic technology provides a sensorless proximity solution and 3D gesture experience for consumer devices, enabling a natural extension of human interaction. The technology can be integrated with smartphones, wearables, and IoT devices. Elliptic Labs products, powered by ultrasound, offer the best combination of high resolution, 360-degree dome interaction space and low-power consumption compared to cameras or other sensing technologies. Elliptic Labs is a privately held company with headquarters in Oslo, Norway, and offices in San Francisco, Shanghai, and Beijing.