Senior DSP Firmware Engineer
Job Location: Oslo, Norway
Elliptic Labs, the leader in the 3D touchless gesture technology which is adaptive to the human style of interaction and transforming the way people interact with smartphones, tablets & laptops. We are seeking an experienced DSP software engineer to port gesture recognition algorithms to various digital signal processors. As part of an advanced development team, you will be working on cutting edge gesture recognition technology and will be responsible for our DSP software architecture. The candidate would also be responsible for interacting with our algorithm designers in order to optimize and efficiently port new algorithms. This position is based in Oslo, Norway.
- Software Architecture for efficient DSP processing
- Port algorithms from NumPy/Matlab into C/C++ code running on memory constrained DSPs
- Debugging, optimizing, testing of the integrated DSP software
- Provides necessary international customer support
- Interacts with FAEs and work close to partners and customers to meet performance and power specifications
- Assists in documentation of DSP software development activities to accommodate future maintenance
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS or MS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Good mathematical ability and solid knowledge of signal processing theory
- Programming skills in C, C++ and NumPy/Matlab
- Experience with fixed-point DSP programming
- Strong experience in porting DSP code in processing and memory constrained processors
- Experience with Android, Linux kernel, device drivers is a plus
- Experience with standard DAC, ADC, data flow controls
- Knowledge of analog and digital signal formats, data structures, communication protocols and drivers
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Additional knowledge about patterns and practices like PM/MVVM, MVC/MVP, TDD, CI, Agile and Scrum is a plus
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Elliptic Labs, a well-funded company with offices in San Francisco (California), Oslo (Norway), and Shanghai (China), is the world leader in touchless gesture interaction for wearables, smartphones, tablets and personal computers. Elliptic Labs is a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment. We work with the world largest OEMs, chipset providers and component suppliers to create a new paradigm in natural user interfaces. Our patented touchless gesture technology is powered by ultrasound and the only technology that delivers touchless 3D high-resolution features, integrated into small portable devices.